Monday, May 1, 2017

Advice Needed, Please!!

Hiya peeps! I have a dilemma, and I would love your help!


I've asked a couple of times on social media, but my actual question seems to get missed. So, I'm going to try an actual blog post, with a simple poll at the end.

Like many indie authors now-a-days, I started out as a reader, blogger & reviewer. I still have my reviewer services, and have a whole little corner of the internet dedicated to that, and I'm really proud of it!

Ever since I became a published author, however, I've encountered a problem I hadn't anticipated: reviewing and promoting other author's books, as an author.

I decided to publish my books under a pen name, although it's a minute difference: Rose vs Roze (my pen name). Still, I have my author stuff pretty separate from my book review world, and that blog. I don't know if that was a smart move, but that's how I set it up.


Now, as I try and get more social in the author circles of the book world, I'm starting to get more and more review requests, to my author platforms.

My question, is this: Do you review books as an author, if you're already an established blogger/reviewer? Esp with a separate pen name?

As an author, would you prefer a review to come from an established reviewer, or a fairly unknown author?


I definitely plan to respond and reply to all requests sent to my author platforms, I just don't always know the best way to respond! I'm used to reviewing as Desert Rose Reviews, because that's just my norm for reviewing, and it's comfortable. However, if it isn't something that bothers other people, maybe I should start reviewing as Author Roze?

Should I just leave it up to the author? If you received a reply from an author saying they'd rater review on their reviewer platform, apart from their author pen name, would that be disappointing? Would you be looking forward to the review coming from another author?


Basically, it's kind of a poll:

1) It wouldn't bother you to be re-directed to the reviewer platforms, and not have a review by the author platform specifically - either way, you just want a review.

2) You'd rather be reviewed by an author, than a reviewer, if given the option.

3) You'd rather be reviewed by an established reviewer, than a fairly unknown author.

4) You'd like to have both platforms cited in the review, showing the diversity of the person reviewing.

I'd really love to hear what you guys think, because I want to be the most helpful I possibly can to the book community!

Thanks in advance!

~Roze/Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please leave your thoughts, or just say hi =D